We released an important update that allows Works Splits to be fully compatible with the CWR Export 2.1 format including territories management.
Here are the main changes:
- "CMO Splits" has been renamed to "Original Work Splits". As indicated by its name, "Original Work Splits" is the view for the original registration of the Work.
- To have a better view of the global copyrights that you own, control, manage, or license, you have now been given the possibility to add unlimited "Sub-Publishing/Administration Splits" per territory.
- "Original Work Splits" and "Sub-Publishing/Administration Splits" can now be built on two levels in order to prioritize the chain of rights (or organize view). For example, if there are multiple Music Publishers in a Work (the "Parent"), you can now have a cascading view of the Songwriters (the "Child") that each entity controls.
- A Music Publisher "Parent" can now indicate if they "Control" their "Child" or not, by checking the box located on the right of the role.
- We added the ability to select the Mechanical and Performance Rights Organizations for each Music Publisher and Songwriter.
- We removed the Right Organization field on Music Publisher and Songwriter forms.
- Music Publishers and Songwriters now have multiple possible CMOs and there is a new column on these lists. The information is automatically collected from the Work Splits.
Statements generated for your Right-Holders can now be sent by email directly from the Statement’s list.
The Statement is sent to the email address you input in the Right-Holder’s Contact/Company information.
You can now specify the gross amount of any Income, including Licenses and Syncs for example.
The gross amount will be used inside the calculations of revenues if your right holders contracts are paid based on the gross amount instead of the net amount.
we released some small new features today :
- We added a new Money Out Contractscolumn on Albums list and also its corresponding filter
- When processing an Income the Operation Dateof the generated Operations is by default filled with thePayment Datevalue of the Income.
- When processing an Expense the Operation Dateof the generated Operations is by default filled with theExpense Datevalue of the Expense.
- When uploading files, we disabled the behaviour of auto-opening the upload window on the top bar, instead we now animate the upload icon when there is uploads in progress.
- You can now import Lyricsinside the Tracks and Works spreadsheets import.
- We added a new "Artwork Size" column on Albums list. It displays cover width, height and DPI information.
- In the top global search, we know write the Display Titleinstead of the title for Albums and Tracks in order to give more context on these results type.
We released a new Associated Resources Count column on the Contracts list on order to visualize the number of Tracks/Works/Videos the Contract is linked to.
This will help you to better organize your Contract list and know for example which Contract is used or can be deleted.
We also added a dedicated filter for this.
From now on, the Contracts are mandatory to determine the Royalty Splits allocated to Assets. Therefore, you will have to create a Contract for each Right Holder, then this Contract must be associated with the Assets of the Rights Holder.
This new method is not only easier and faster but above all, greatly improves Contract and Royalty management features and flexibility in future Balances per Contract, Cross-Collateralization, Escalations, and more new features.
We are convinced that this process highly simplifies the management of royalties and significantly limits entry errors.
How does it work?
Step 1: Adding a Contract
To create a Contract, go to the navigation menu on the left, open the "Rights Manager" section and click on the "Contracts" list. Then, click on the orange button "New Contract" located at the top right of the list and select one of the options in the drop-down list.
Step 2: Adding Royalty Splits to the Contract
Royalty Split is the percentage of Royalty shared between an Organization and a third party - a Payer or a Payee - such as a Supplier, a Customer, or a Right Holder.
To add or edit Royalty Splits, open a Contract and go to the Details > Terms tab.
For each Royalty Split Types, enter a Royalty Base Rate (in percent) to the Right Holder.
Step 3: Associating Contracts with Assets
Select one or more Tracks, Works or Videos to which you want to assign a Contract. Right-click "Edit" then go to the "Royalties" tab of the edit panel that opened.
Add one or more Contracts you want to assign to these Tracks, Works or Videos.
If needed, apply an Adjustment Rate (in percent) to add or remove percentages from the Royalty Base Rate.
Since our change which requires having a contract on each Income you create, we added some new columns on the Income list.
Money In Contract, for all types of Incomes
Money Out Contract, for Incomes of type Direct Income
There is also 2 new columns for the Direct Income type, Payees and Splits.
Playlists for business
We just released the ability to duplicate any album or playlist in a matter of seconds.
All users with the "create/edit" permission in Audio Manager and Playlist for Business can access this new feature.
We added a new Lyrics field on Tracks and Works.
It allows you to store that information in Reprtoir to have everything centralized.
Lyrics are also displayed on Tracks and Works panes and we also added a Lyrics filter in your Tracks and Works lists.