We released an important update that allows Works Splits to be fully compatible with the CWR Export 2.1 format including territories management.
Here are the main changes:
- "CMO Splits" has been renamed to "Original Work Splits". As indicated by its name, "Original Work Splits" is the view for the original registration of the Work.
- To have a better view of the global copyrights that you own, control, manage, or license, you have now been given the possibility to add unlimited "Sub-Publishing/Administration Splits" per territory.
- "Original Work Splits" and "Sub-Publishing/Administration Splits" can now be built on two levels in order to prioritize the chain of rights (or organize view). For example, if there are multiple Music Publishers in a Work (the "Parent"), you can now have a cascading view of the Songwriters (the "Child") that each entity controls.
- A Music Publisher "Parent" can now indicate if they "Control" their "Child" or not, by checking the box located on the right of the role.
- We added the ability to select the Mechanical and Performance Rights Organizations for each Music Publisher and Songwriter.
- We removed the Right Organization field on Music Publisher and Songwriter forms.
- Music Publishers and Songwriters now have multiple possible CMOs and there is a new column on these lists. The information is automatically collected from the Work Splits.